Store Locator Plugin Guide
UTF-8 CSV File Error Fix
Problem: Sometimes a user will face an issue if they try to import a UTF-8 CSV file, which results in the file being imported with “garbage characters”(RFÃšRÃ"GÃ‰P).
Explanation: Agile Store locator supports UTF-8 CSV files with the following parameters
- Export Text: Unicode (UTF-8)
- Field delimiter:, (comma)
- String delimiter: “ (inverted comma)
Solution: This error is mainly due to the wrong encoding of the CSV file. To fix this issue please follow the below steps:
- Import the CSV file into Google spreadsheets and check if the data is being displayed correctly
- If the data is fine, then export another CSV from Google spreadsheets
Once the new CSV file is exported it should now work fine with Agile Store Locator.