Store Locator Plugin Guide
Geocoding Error Solution
A user may get a geocoding error message “Geocode was not successful: REQUEST_DENIED” on the store locator which happens due to two reasons:
- Importing a CSV file without the latitude and longitude values for the stores
- Adding/editing a store address on the store page.
The Geocoding API library is responsible for handling the coordinates of the stores automatically. Therefore, if a geocoding error is happening, it is most likely an issue with the Geocoding API.
Please try the following to resolve the geocoding error :
- Firstly, make sure you have added the Google API key in “ASL Settings”
2. Secondly, make sure that the Geocoding API is enabled and enabled in the Google console
3. Thirdly, make sure you have added the correct referrer in the Google Cloud Console
Lastly, please see the below article on how to add a correct referrer for the Google API key
Now try to import a CSV file or add/edit the store address once again, it should work this time with the Geocoding API enabled.
For more information, please refer to the below post and video.