Store Locator Plugin Guide
How to Disable Default Google Maps Locations?
Agile Store Locator users can disable the default locations (stores, restaurants, etc.) that are displayed on Google Maps, and make their store map less cluttered.
To disable the default location on Google Maps there are two methods you can use:
From the “Maps Layout” section, switch to another map layout provided in the Map layout options.
Create your own custom Google Maps layout by following the below steps:
- Go to the following website
- Create a Google map layout with business locations disabled
- Copy the generated JSON
- Go to Agile Store Locator
- On the “Map Layouts” section, select “Custom”
- Paste the JSON in the “Map Custom” section
If done successfully, you will have a version on Google Maps that does not show the default business locations that would appear on the original Google Maps.